Consumer Dining Behaviour across APAC
The latest YouGov survey finds that over half of APAC respondents go out for lunch at least 4-5 times a week, while 36% of respondents even report going out for lunch every day. The dining industry is both big and broad, and it’s crucial for industry players to understand the consumer purchase journey in order to survive.
Triggered by new technology, changing consumer habits and fierce competition, the dining industry has gone through a great deal of evolution in recent years. And only brands who are agile and responsive to changing market conditions and consumer habits in a timely and effective way will thrive. But what are the core consumer behaviour that dining industry practitioners should pay attention to?
YouGov, an international data and analytics group, investigates the change of dining habits across 10 markets across APAC, with an aim to help dining industry marketing and brand practitioners better understand the needs of their customers. Some questions addressed in this research include:
- Where do consumers get information about new restaurants?
- Are food & restaurant guide websites / apps impacting dining behaviour?
- How does the emergence of social media change the dining behaviour of APAC consumers?
- What frequency and on what days do consumers visit casual dining & fast food restaurants?
- What motivates consumers to choose one dining establishment over another?
Photo source: Getty Image